William F. Alcarese, Jr.
William F. Alcarese, Jr. (“Bill”) handles most types of cases including, but not limited to, personal injury, criminal, family law, adoptions, DUI/DWI, traffic, guardianships, and other matters throughout the state of Maryland.
Bill is a litigation attorney who has effectively advocated for clients in a diverse nature of legal cases before the District Court, Circuit Court, United States District Court (Federal Court) and the Office of Administrative Hearings all throughout Maryland.
Virtually every legal matter is unique and your issues are important to you. Bill is cognizant of this and will focus his time, attention and resources on your matter.
Bill was born and raised in Maryland having grown up in Baltimore County. He graduated from Loyola Blakefield and then Loyola College with a Bachelor’s degree in finance. After graduating from college, Bill worked at Northrop Grumman Corp. for a few years as a financial analyst before attending law school. Bill graduated from the University of Baltimore School of Law, cum laude, and then clerked for the Honorable Kathleen G. Cox in the Circuit Court for Baltimore County before entering private practice.
Based upon his personal, educational and professional background, Bill has an extensive network and is skilled and knowledgeable in many areas. Bill has presented at various legal forums and has authored legal materials and he is very active in the legal community volunteering his time and resources to various bar associations and legal organizations.
Outside of work, Bill enjoys spending time with his wife and two daughters. His hobbies include boating, water skiing/wakeboarding, crabbing, waterfowl hunting, golfing and cheering on the Ravens and O’s!
Honors / Memberships / Affiliations
- The Daily Record 2020 Very Important Professional – Successful by 40
- Maryland Super Lawyers Rising Star (2016 – 2021)
- Co-Author of the “Adoption, Guardianship and Change of Name” section of the Maryland State Bar Association’s Practice Manual for the Maryland Lawyer, Fifth Edition
- Marital Property in Maryland, Faculty, Maryland Legal Aid’s Training Program
- Civics and Law Academy, Faculty, Baltimore County Bar Association
- Certified to represent children in contested custody and divorce matters
- Mock Trial Judge, Maryland Youth & The Law / MSBA
- Baltimore County Sitting Judges Campaign, District Coordinator (2016 – Present)
- Baltimore City Sitting Judges Campaign, Member (2016 – Present)
- Baltimore County Bar Association, Member (Chair and Vice Chair of Various Committees, Frequent Contributor to The Advocate)
- Maryland State Bar Association, Member
- Pro Bono Volunteer Attorney for House of Ruth
- Brian Cosgrove Memorial Scholarship Fund, Committee Member
- Court of Appeals of Maryland
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland
- Supreme Court of Virginia (inactive)
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals (inactive)